For some reason, I was suckered into testing the luckiness of these coins. I think it was their appearance of having just been minted. Anyhow, I pocketed them and went upstairs to see how my lucky day would unfold.
Within minutes, I realized that my experiment was moot. The first sign of failure came when I felt a sharp poke in the sole of my foot. I had stepped on a shard of glass in my bedroom. The odd thing is that I hadn't broken anything and there was nothing near my bed to break.
The second sign came much later. This morning as I slipped on a pair of shoes I felt something sharp yet again. This time it was a nail that I had lost when it fell out of the wall weeks prior. I had worn the shoes since, but somehow the nail found it's way into the shoe more recently.
Okay, so I know this is all coincidence, but it's funny how when I put the lucky penny theory to test I end up with sharp objects in my feet. Not too lucky, but perhaps only on the surface. The more I think about it, the luckier I feel. After all, that glass splinter just poked my foot - it could have become deeply embedded. And that nail didn't do any damage at all. I suppose this luck thing is like anything else; it's relative.

2 comments:
This is funny. When I lived in Aracta, I was walking down the street one quiet foggy morning when a penny fell from the sky. I looked up to see a crow staring down at me from the top of a telephone pole. I left it for him to retrieve but planned to pick it up if it was still there on my return trip. It was and I still have the penny. My mother said it was probably a sign of fortune coming my way. I'm still waiting!!! Hmm, come to think of it, maybe it meant the exact opposite...
I looked crow's meaning up in animal medicine, and here's some of what I found:
"Crow...
Are you 'cawing,'
So I may know,
The secrets of balance,
Within my soul?
"Or are you sending,
Your sacred 'caw'
Just to remind me,
Of universal laws?"
"The prime path of true Crow people says to be mindful of your opinions and actions. Be willing to walk your talk, speak your truth, know your life's mission, and balance past, present, and future in the now. Shape shift that old reality and become your future self."
Perhaps that's the "luck" or medicine that crow gave you during your time in Arcata?
Post a Comment