Little notes and observations.

Thursday, February 5, 2009

Quote of Note

It's not often that I take the time to write down a quote, but the following lines from an Indian film that was translated into English caught my attention:
Would your face were pockmarked like the moon
Stars your gentle beauty would festoon!

While I found it to be more humorous than romantic, it might work on someone. And it sure is nice to think that a lover sees the beauty even in his lover's flaws.

3 comments:

roozta said...

I'm gonna try that on my wife, I'll let you know how it works out!

ebeth said...

Great. Maybe you should stick with your roots and recite her some Rumi instead.

roozta said...

It's funny you mention that. She had complained for along time about why I never recite/read poetry for her, I finally did bust out and read some Rumi to her on the night of the winter solstice. It was nice.