Little notes and observations.

Thursday, January 28, 2010

Meditation through Art

The Unspirling of a Marble - Coming Right at Me

Sometimes I get this feeling like I'm about to go out of my mind or explode. It can be brought on by a number of things: boredom, frustration, anger, etc. One of the solutions that never ceases to calm my mind is to create art.

Somewhere in that creative process my mind detaches from outside distractions and becomes totally absorbed into the art piece. I'm zoned in; zenned in; blissed out.

Now, if you feel like you're not talented in the art department, don't fret. I don't claim to be a great artist, but I've learned to create beautiful things with the aid of tools like rubber cement, scissors, colored magazines, tiles, photographs, and more. One of my favorite creative outlets these days is coloring. Here are some mandalas from a coloring book I recently bought and titles I've given them:

The Tao of Humanity - Man and Woman Flow as One

The Unspirling of a Marble - Downward

Rainbow Drenched Lotus

No comments: