Little notes and observations.

Sunday, March 15, 2009

Framing History

As I cleaned off my desk today, I found a card that my sister made for me. It had a photocopy of an illustrated step-by-step guide to cleaning squid. >>side note: I love to clean squid.

I decided it was way too cool to be tossed into the recycling so I found a photo frame in my apartment which was roughly its size. The frame I'm referring to has been hanging in my bathroom for years, providing a border and protection to a photo of a squatting chimpanzee.

I removed the back of the frame so that I could usher in the new piece that would be gracing the wall across from my toilet. This is when I saw that the frame had even another life prior to that of embracing the chimp. It held a photo of my best friend from high school with a member from one of our favorite bands. Ah, the memories of being a teenage groupie.

I reinserted the back to the frame and noticed that it was a snug fit. I hope to be able to squeeze at least one more photo in sometime over the next few years.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am honored to have the distinction of making a image that inspires you while you're on the toilet...and to be in the same ranks as Billy Joe from Green Day and The Thinker chimp. Good choice.

ebeth said...

Thanks for outing me as a former Green Day fan : P