Little notes and observations.

Friday, April 17, 2009

Twlight Observations in the Mountains

Why people wait around to watch the sun set and then part? I don't know.

For me it's about the time that follows:
twilight.

After the sun dips below that horizon I can truly appreciate the colors of this world.

In the mountains, twilight comes early as the sun disappears behind the peaks.

This is when the flowers truly shine, bouncing back their ultraviolet colors for early evening pollinators to see.

As the rest of the world mutes, it's when the sun goes down that the flowers turn up their volume and I see them in their full glory.

Bright yellows and orange, vibrant blues pop out against the dull backdrop of grasses and leaves.

My favorites reside in the shades of blue and purple, from the light, bright blues to the deep magical shades.

It's in this lingering mountain twilight of the disappearing sun that I amble amongst the best flower shows.

1 comment:

roozta said...

Definitely, twilight is awesome. The same is true (in reverse) for morning, the best part is the twilight period between dawn and sunrise, it's my favorite time of the day -- when I happen to catch it!