The first issue of 2009 spotlights obesity and diet fads in America. One of the facts that stood out to me was:
"In 2005, Sesame Street changed Cookie Monster's theme song from 'C Is For Cookie' to 'A Cookie Is a Sometime Food.'"
Boo. I decided to investigate. I found information rebutting the claim that this new song has taken over the classic. It's more like Cookie Monster has expanded his repertoire and now promotes eating fruits and veggies, too. While I failed to find footage of Cookie performing "A Cookie Is a Sometime Food," I found this:
This brought me full circle back to the first fact I had read:
"In 2006, the surgeon general called obesity "the terror within" and said it could "drawf 9/11 or any other terrorist attempt."
And for those of you who saw Harold & Kumar Escape from Guantanamo Bay, perhaps you would understand that there's an additional reason why Cookie Monster could be thrown into our off-shore prison for terrorists: check out "The Magic Cookie" song which was released as a single in 1972.

No comments:
Post a Comment