Little notes and observations.

Tuesday, June 3, 2008

On A Golden Afternoon

I, the sun worshiper, tried to escape the heat today, but it wouldn't let me hide that easily.
I wandered into a garden full of labyrinth-like paths, looking for a seat in the shade.
Out of the twenty odd benches, none were out of the sun except for a couple that had only dried up bushes for views.
I strolled passed dahlias so full that the weight of their petals kept them in a perpetual state of bowing.
Next to them grew perfect puff balls of zenias which took me to the wonderland with the drumming flowers in Alice's golden afternoon.
I kept walking in hopes of finally finding my shady bench with a view.
An unpaved path brought me to a palmetum - a garden devoted to palms of all shapes and sizes, some so uninviting with stalks adorned with thorns, but most so welcomed by me for the shade they provided.
Alas, I kept walking, thinking that sitting on the ground under one of these palms would deter other garden strollers.
So I finally wound up at the start of the maze, realizing how this search for the perfect spot helped me find hidden nooks of beauty that I would have otherwise left unexplored.

No comments: