Little notes and observations.

Sunday, August 5, 2007

Writer’s Block

Writer’s block:

It’s something similar to Lego’s except for the fact that you’re not able to build anything with it.

And like the city block that my apartment is on, but lacking the inspiration.

If it were Lego’s, I’d build a mansion for little people with square bodies and pegs on their heads.

And if it were my city block, I’d pick up the trash so that everyone could see it’s beauty, not just me.

But, alas, it’s just the plain, old writer’s type of block.

Nothing too special when you think of how many others out their possess a piece of it.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Beth, Congrats on your blog!
speaking of picking up the trash, if you are in town Sept. 15th, it is coastal clean up day...

http://ebparks.org/node/442

love,
jen

Michael Hawk said...

Nice start.

Sometimes, when I have writer's block, I find that I have just lost my internal writer and I need to go look for it. So I walk over to the next block because sometimes...the writers move! You've got to track them down and they can be evasive little fuckers. They hide themselves just to test your self confidence and tenacity. Don't wait them out. Find them before they run away. Look behind every bush and flower. Behind every stone and tree. Often, it's best to just find some random object and practice describing every thing you see or imagine about it.

Thanks for doing this.

Michael

ebeth said...

Thanks Michael.
And like the hundred-dollar bill that I lost and then found, my writer's inspiration came back to me too.