Whoosh. Dozens of pigeons take flight as I jog by creating a magnificent sight. But even more beautiful than the choreographed dance in the sky, is the sound of each pair of wings flapping at once. They flutter on my ear drums, causing my heart to well with excitement each time.
An entire book of matches set aflame for no reason, blaring bright light and then out. Or the sound of a marshmallow being incinerated not because I eat cremated sugar-goo, but for that quick, sharp shhhhing moment that the flame sends to my ears.
The rustling of leaves in the wind that my seashell earrings imitate anytime time I walk too fast - an auditory indulgence just for me.
Bamboo wind chimes bonging to evoke images of a beach side tropical paradise, as my muscles relax, sensing the coconuts and all.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sound. One of the wonders of our world. A simple sound can flood us with a rush of memories, but more often our ears remain drowned in sensory overload.
This is my world in sound.

2 comments:
Monsieur Grammarian returns to say, "our ears."
This is another tale due to Beth's heightened senses, and I thought mine are good...
You got me there - okay, keep proofing
Post a Comment