Little notes and observations.

Thursday, September 11, 2008

Worst Logo Ever?

Last year I paid homage to the magnificent MUNI logo, deeming it the best logo ever. No one has tried to dispute this, yet. I'm just now getting around to publicly declaring the worst logo, though I've had my mind made up about this one for years.

And the winner is....Sherwin Williams.

It's the combination of graphic and slogan that brings Sherwin Williams to the top of my worst list. What a sick thought to "cover the earth" in paint. First off, I can't think of anything that is worthy of covering the earth with besides peace and love. But the idea of covering it in toxic paint?! It's bad enough that we are already on the way to covering the earth in a different petroleum byproduct - paved roads. Let's leave the paint to a minimum since mother nature has already done a great coloring job with the oceans and forests and fields.

1 comment:

jenfaith said...

I love the muni logo, too.